The Lorena Economic Development Corporation is a Texas 4B Economic Development Corporation authorized by the voters of the City of Lorena to expend revenue from sales tax to further the development of the city.
The Mission of the Lorena Economic Development Corporation is to stimulate investment and development opportunities while preserving the heritage that defines our future as a hometown.
Lorena Economic Development Corporation meetings are held on the second Tuesday of the month at 6 p.m. The meetings are held as posted either virtually online via Zoom meeting or at Lorena City Hall, located at 107-A South Frontage Road.
The Board of Directors for the Lorena Economic Development Corporation for 2022-2023:
- Seat 1 - David Anderton: Chairman - Term expires Oct. 2023
- Seat 2 - Kelly Yarbrough: Vice Chairman - Term expires Oct. 2022
- Seat 3 - Mark McLean: Treasurer - Term expires Oct. 2023
- Seat 4 - Kyle Miller: Secretary - Term expires Oct. 2022
- Seat 5 - Brad Wetzel: Director - Term expires Oct. 2023
- Seat 6 - Chuck Walker - Director - Term expires Oct. 2022
- Seat 7 - William (Bill) Taverner: Director - Term expires Oct. 2023
Jason Mundo, P.E. CEcD is the economic development consultant and contact for Lorena Economic Development Corporation. The Board of Directors encourages Lorena citizens, prospective developers, investors and businesses to contact Mr. Mundo for economic development information.