The Lorena Economic Development Corporation offers the following information to assist you in starting a business or improving your existing business.
The McLennan Community College Small Business Development Center (MCC SBDC) may be contacted via their site
. You may also call them at (254) 299-8141 or 1(800) 349-SBDC.
The MCC SBDC web site will direct you to their office and the contact information if you choose to call for information. This center will be able to answer questions such as:
- How do I start a business?
- How do I expand my business?
- How do I obtain business financing?
- How do I obtain government contracting?
- How do I obtain a patent, copyright or trademark?
- How do I develop an effective web site or manage business risk?
For more information see the following websites:
U.S. Small Business Administration
SBDC Net-National Information Clearing house
Texas Office of the Governor
- Click on Small Business Planner
Texas Commission on Environmental Quality
- Click on Organization
- Click on Economic Development and Tourism
- Click on Business Resources
- Click on Small Business
Texas Comptrollers Office
Texas Workforce Commission
- Click on Permits, Licenses and Registrations
- Click on Employer information